Thursday, April 9, 2009

Chicago

I haven't posted anything in quite a while. Hopefully I can get back to blogging regularly. For now I will put just a few of the many pictures I took while in Chicago.



This is a picture of Lake Michigan, which was taken from the Navy Pier.

We walked to the Navy Pier. This is just a picture I took along the way.

Random buildings, bridge, and construction "stuff".

Of course we had to go see the Sears Tower. We walked almost 7 miles (there and back) to see a really tall building...that is all it was. There were a few art exhibits inside, as well as businesses--but nothing we wanted to see. Of course, we could have paid to go up to the Observation Deck, but we opted out of that one!

The Lyric Opera House!! If you notice on the red banners, it says, DO RE MI FA SO LA SI DO...it really bothered me when it said SI, instead of TI...Apparently, it is the title of a Korean Musical based on a movie??

If you look closely, you can see me and my co-worker, Shauna.


Chicago is known for the deep dish style pizza. I have to say that words cannot quite describe this pizza! This stuff was fabulous! There were probably enough calories in one piece for the whole day--and one piece was more than enough to fill you up! Good thing we walked around a lot--and ate light the next two days!! If you go to Chicago, you must stop by Giordano's! It is a fabulous place to eat!

I went to a Chicago Bulls game against the Detroit Pistons! We actually rode in a stretch hummer, however I do not have any pictures from my camera. I will have to post some when I get them. As for the Bulls, I now have a favorite player...#13, Joakim Noah. I guess I chose him because he was the only one I could keep up with because of his hair. He was great at getting the rebounds. (Look at me sounding like I know what I am talking about!! I didn't have a clue! I clapped for the wrong team several times! Eventually I think I caught on--however, the majority of the game was spent talking, laughing, taking random pictures and just acting plain stupid! We had a great time though--Bulls won, 99 to 91!!)


Here I am with Bob Newhart as Robert Hartley.


No comments: