Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009

Here is a long picture post to fill you in on a little of what happened at our house this weekend...

Hannah and I went to see the new Hannah Montana movie last Friday. We returned home from the movie and dinner, and Hannah had a surprise from Mimi waiting on her.

Once we finally got everything out of the package, she was very happy to see what was inside!

"A PINK BASEBALL GLOVE!!!" I am pretty sure Mimi could have heard her scream all the way in Jackson. She was extremely excited!!

And a bat...

and ball!!

Later that day we made Easter cookies. Hannah was very precise when cutting out the shapes.

Here are our cookies before we baked them.

We decorated them with icing and sprinkles.

Here are 9 of our decorated cookies. I think we did a good job!

Saturday Hannah helped Scott work outside. That night, we grilled steaks. Scott decided to go get some crawfish while the steaks were cooking. Hannah and I were grossed out by them, but he enjoyed them (so did Eli!)


EASTER SUNDAY

Sunday morning the Easter Bunny left a surprise for Hannah.


I know, you are thinking, this is not a typical gift for a 10-year-old girl, so let me explain...Hannah wanted a tool set for Christmas so she could help her dad work around the house...apparently Santa did not get the memo, but the Easter Bunny took care of it!

Scott helped Hannah dye the eggs.

I like this picture simply because it is both father and daughter's hands...just sweet to me.

Scott helped for a little bit, but then decided to eat one...notice Hannah's expression! (She is thinking, that is one less egg that I get to dye, Dad!!)



We have had a blast this weekend!! However, I managed to NOT get a picture of Hannah with her Easter dress on!! Horrible, I know!!

1 comment:

theglenns556 said...

We'll let it slide that you missed the dress picture since you got so many other good pictures. What fun. I wish we lived close enough to do these things together.